20 Apr Can You Spare Any Change?
I have been quiet for several months. It finally feels like I am finding my footing again.
It seems like so many of us have been going through a metamorphosis of sorts. The last few weeks have me wondering…
Does a caterpillar know it has wings?
I will be honest; maybe too honest…I have been hiding from many of my friends and neighbors. The current state of affairs in the world had me feeling very raw. Spending even a few minutes on social media felt like salt in the wound. There were so many polarizing posts and fearful, frightened folks lurking around every corner. The intense shouting, screaming, and fists in the air – nobody listening to the ‘other.’ The sharks always circling, just waiting to interject their next exclamation of protest.
I found myself struggling to get out of bed in the morning and the stench of anger wafting through the air was nauseating. I was not just Oscar the Grouch grumpy; it was full-fledged, ear steaming anger. I was sick of the opposing sides bullying each other to the point of adult temper tantrums. I realized I was slipping through the cracks and being dizzied by the vortex of fear. I find my views fall somewhere between walking the streets with a crocheted pussy on my head, and lawful killing of animals while they sleep. I had, in fact, built my own wall and was turning away ‘refugees’.
I decided that what I could do was focus on me.
I started going to the gym – yes, inside where the equipment is 😉 I visited a new medical professional to look at things from a different angle. I switched up some of the supplements, food choices and went searching for even more personal development tools. And next week, a commitment I have had for the last two years will dissolve. With all these changes, I am hoping that my time inside the chrysalis of 2017 is coming to a close.
Emerging with wet wings that quickly dry and a clear aura are my goals for the next few weeks.
While I gain strength and stamina, I share with you what has been maturing in the Inspired Holistic Wellness cocoon. There are more details on the calendar.
- Medical Reiki ™ Workshop on June 24 and 25 in Bellefonte (Reiki Masters only) – Deposit due April 21st
- I have applied for approval to award nursing continuing education credits for Reiki classes.
- PA State Board of Massage Therapy determined that Reiki CEs will still be honored toward license renewal requirements.
- The next Reiki I and II class is at Sage Continuing Education on June 10 – 12.
- Added Friday evening hours. You can now ease into your weekend. Check out the on-line scheduler.
- Special discount on in-stock products for my loyal followers. 20% off sale extended through April. Just mention “spare change” when you shop.
- Classes are returning to Arlington, VA this fall.
- Office closed May 5 while I tag along on a field trip with my daughter.
- Office closed May 16 – 23 while I travel for training.
- Acupuncture is now being offered on Thursdays in my office. Contact Thomas Jordan at 814-470-7080 directly to schedule your session.
- We are creating an additional office at the Indigo Wren’s Nest Wellness Centre. If you are looking for a quiet place to work or see your holistic focused clients, give me a shout.
- Currently reading “Breaking Free from the Victim Trap” by Diane Zimberoff. Have you read this already? Your thoughts?
Even when things appear to be dormant and crunchy on the outside; there is great change happening.
How are you coping with the changes in your life? Do you retreat inside your own walls?
Best wishes for a delightful spring.