Reiki I Training for Nurses
Time: 8:45 am to 5 pm – Please arrive by 8:45 – we start promptly
Instructor: Beth Whitman, Karuna Reiki® Master/Teacher
Tuition: $205 (Tuition includes the manual “Reiki, The Healing Touch” by William Lee Rand)
Continuing Nursing Education for RNs = 6.6 contact hours
Note: Reiki II is typically offered the day after Reiki I but is NOT currently approved to offer nursing contact hours.
This entry level training is centered around the origins and ideals of Reiki. It is a blend of the styles from Dr. Usui, and Mrs. Takata including Japanese and Tibetan techniques. On completion of the class, you will have a clear understanding of the subtle energy body and have practiced the basic techniques.
The class is a blend of theory, discussion, demonstration, and practice. Each student learns and uses Byosen scanning and the hand placement system.
A certificate and professionally published manual, “Reiki The Healing Touch” by William Rand, are included.
By the end of this program, the attendee will be able to:
- Describe the definition, history, and origins of Reiki
- Identify the location and functions of the seven primary chakras
- Explain the concept of the aura and meridian
- Explore how Reiki supports the mind, body, and spirit
- Demonstrate the complete hand placement series
- Select the treatment method as recommended by the Hayashi Healing Guide
- Demonstrate Gassho meditation
- Demonstrate Byosen scanning
- Apply the hibiki technique
- Assimilate Reiki I Attunement
- Demonstrate the Reiji-Ho technique
- Demonstrate the Kenyoku technique
Please bring your water bottle, snacks, lunch, journals or notepad, pens, pencils, highlighter and any comfort aids you may require for the day.
Criteria for Successful Completion and Awarding Contact Hours
- Completion/submission of evaluation form
- Attendance for a specified period of time – May not miss more than 10 minutes of activity
- Participation in practice with instructor feedback
Disclosure of any potential Conflict of Interest presented by Madeline F. Mattern, Nurse Planner, and Beth Whitman, Inspired Holistic Wellness, Instructor. The planner and presenter disclose no relationship with a commercial interest organization relative to the content of this educational activity
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
AHNA Non-Endorsement of Modality statement:
Approval for contact hours through the American Holistic Nurses Association (AHNA) is based on an assessment of the educational merit of this program and does not constitute an endorsement of the use of any specific modality in the care of clients.
AHNA Approval #1272
Expires on May 22, 2019
Contact Beth @ 814-883-0957 to register.